Thursday, November 17, 2005

What do you say to that?




I was talking to a friend today who is realy going through it. My friend is great, has a lot of potential and talent, but is realy struggling with the whole God is good thing. I am not sure what to do. I mean today I sat there while my friend poured out their heart about how they want to believe, but they have no reason or desire any more. It is just to hard.

My friend grew up in a hyper conservative, totally controling house hold who told my friend things about God that made Him out to be more of a monster than a friend and father. Now my friend is out of the house and is free for the first time. My friend is realizing that the view of God that my friends famliy forced on them was very wrong and distorted. The thing now is that my friend feels like rebelling against their parents and turning away from God totally even though their parents are not even around to see my friend getting back at them.

I sat there on the couch listening to my friend talk with tears about how they don't know what to do. I mean everyone says that God is good, and that God is the only way, but every time my friend sees God is is through the eyes that their parents gave them. I can't relate, I can't understand and I refuse to give pad answers like I will pray for you, or God is good, or God does love you and you will get over this. What do you say to that? I am not sure, but what I do know is that God is good, God does love and I will pray for my friend. What I also know is that my friend needs help, as do I, as do you. Help us God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that is great

Anonymous said...

What a great site
»

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
»

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
»