Sunday, March 19, 2006

Worship



I am taking a class on the Foundations of Biblical Worship. I have just started and my first assignmen was to write a 250 word essay on what I think worship is. I wrote what came to mind and thought I would post it here. Enjoy.

I believe that true Biblical worship is to do everything we do, in all areas of our lives to the glory of God. Worship is an expression of who we are, glorifying who God is. It is recognizing that without God we are nothing and we would have nothing if it were not for Jesus.
We worship when we are in a church service by singing, raising our hands or speaking out our love and adoration of Jesus. We worship when we are training for a sporting event, either running, biking or swimming. We worship when we are studying for school. We worship when we are working a job, painting a picture, making a video or writing a book. I believe that when we live out our daily lives to the glory of God we are participating in acts of worship to Him.
I believe that to worship God is a choice that we make, but will also happen regardless of if we chose to worship God or not. In John 4:24 Jesus says to the women of Samaria “God is spirit, and His worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." We worship God when we live out our lives for him. If we are living out our lives contrary to what God asks it is not worshipful to Him.
I also believe that if we don’t worship God that He will be worshiped regardless. In Luke 19:40 Jesus says, “If they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.” I believe that God will be worshiped regardless of if we worship him or not, but He has called us to a life of worship and worship Him I will do.

photos by Nathan Golden

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phil- Nice pic of me. I'm pretty sure that was the "old me" I too have taken up running although its mostly on a treadmill. I'm down 20lbs since Christmas which is good.

Hey I never heard from you about Thailand. You still going?

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
» »