Thursday, July 19, 2007

This is LA


So I am in LA and so far so good. This week I have spent most of my time teaching 80+ students about Jesus, life and justice. I love doing this, it is an honor and shock most times that people actually let me stand up front and say stuff. Anyway, I have had some good responses from the students and the youth leaders, yea. 

It is so weird to be back in LA doing this. I worked in LA with Mission Adventures from 95-97 and coming back now it seems and looks the same in a lot of way's. Not that it is a bad thing, but it is just one of those moments where you feel like you were brought back in time, but you are older and people will listen to you now. I feel that I have learned some stuff in coming back and hopefully have given as well.

It has been over 2 weeks without my family now. It is hard and no fun. I really miss them. Yesterday Emma left a message on my phone asking for a trampoline. She could pretty much ask for anything at this point and get it. I will see them in two weeks, praise God.



I have also got to spend time with my sister and her husband James. We went to Santa Monica and Venice yesterday. It was hot and my face is burned off. It is good for them to be here. They are getting some much needed rest and seeing a different side of Jesus and ministry. James is off surfing for the first time today with my friend Paul, heres hopin he don't die out there. 

Anyway, that is all for now, just keeping you updated. I hope things are good with you, let me know.

Thanks













1 comment:

Chris Whitler said...

Hey, I'm back in your hometown and Northwest lost my guitar but other than that, I'm ok. It's a small MA session here in the Peg but there is a group from my former Canadian hometown of Kitchener...should be fun.