Friday, October 06, 2006

Finish Well



Today is Friday, the end of the work weed for most. I am sitting here drinking my Trader Joes black oily coffee (mmmmm) and thinking about how I want to go out of this week. I want to go out well, I want to finish well. It is raining outside in Seattle, my family is not here and the coffee is good. I could just putter around and not finish well at all, but that is not how I am designed. Now I don't mean that puttering around the house is bad, or coffee is bad, but what I do mean is that I don't want to just let myself go just because it is Friday.

Who can I touch today? Who can I think about or pray for? Who needs a smile or an encouragment? Who needs a friend or a shoulder to cry on? I want to be aware of the people around me and where they are at today. I don't want to just get through the day with me. Anyway, have a good day, ask God for direction, don't let your guard down, finish well.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phil- Enjoy your coffee. Thank you for being my friend. I'm impressed at how much you blog when you have free time. Thanks for the phone call yesterday. It was good to talk. who knows maybe I'm going to end up being your neighbor. Then we can sit and drink coffee and talk about the rain.