Friday, July 14, 2006

Baby?





Well it is July 14 and as you can tell from the picture there is no baby yet. Amy and I are expecting our 2nd girl on July 22nd. We are hoping for her to come earlier, but we will see. Most people who I have talked to seem to think that Monday July 17th will be the day. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I am not sure how I feel about our families new addition. Don't get me wrong, I am totally excited, but a little nervous about starting over again. I feel that we have done a pretty good job with Emma, I hope that we can do it again with our new little girl who we have yet to have a name for. Some questions that I have are How different will she be? Will she be a good sleeper? Will she cry lot's? Will Emma like her?

There is also the thought of giving total care to another person. She will be totally dependent on us for a long time. She can't communicate, can't walk or crawl and can't just go to the fridge to get her old man a beer. Man, what will I do? The thing that I know is that as soon as she is born all of these things will pass away, well except for the beer thing (just kidding). When I see my little girls face for the 1st time it will be over. Just joy and love and excitement.

There is also the thought of the hospital and labor. Oh man, talk about a time to be totally selfless and not say anything stupid to your wife like does it hurt? Owe, stop squeezing my hand so hard, you have no idea how much that hurts. Yes, I do need your prayers for that, as does my wife.

For those of you reading this who have 2 kid's any advice would be appreciated. For those of you who have 1 or none your prayers are appreciated. Thanks and I will keep you posted. By the way, for those of you wondering. Yes, the pictures were taken at the Apple Store with the Mac Book Pro.

Later

2 comments:

Desafios said...

Hi Phill and Amy... I am fabiola and I am Ywamer yet... but in Brazil... Wow!!! I like yours picture... Bye!!

Anonymous said...

Dude,

Phil, no worries, you guys will do great. Not only are two kids better than one, they are way way funnier. You think you have a great time with Emma? Just wait until they start acting up toegther! Woah, you will love it.

As you know, Hezekiah and Abijah have been a delight. They make us laugh every day, especially in the hard times.

You guys hang in there and keep your eyes fixed on Jesus!

Much love to you 4.

Blessings,