Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Baby ?



Well it is 4 day's till Amy's due date for our second baby. I have to tell you that I am excited and terrified at the same time. Yesterday I spent a portion of the day reading The Birth Partner and started to get a little freaked out. Man, the things that a woman has to go through to birth a baby. Unbelievable. It is crazy to think that this is one of the results of the fall. Wow!

The reason that I got scared is because my life is about to change. I don't know when it is going to change, but it could be before I finish this post. I was praying tonight and I felt like God told me that it is going to be OK. Those words were totally comforting to me. Thank you God. I hope that I can be a good partner to Amy in the hospital. They said in the book that I need to be physically strong to massage her and push on her back and legs. I hope I am strong enough. They also said that there will come a point where my jokes will no longer be funny. Man, I am screwed. Pray for me.

I think it is also hard because my family is so far away from us. I wish that my mom and dad and the rest of my family could be here, or at least closer. It is such an amaizing thing to be apart of and they are missing it. I am greatfull for digital cameras and the internet though. Thank you World Wide Web guy. Anyway, just wanted to post and keep you updated. I will let you know when my little girl comes into the world.

Later.

1 comment:

The Erickson Family said...

Phil & Amy - I will be praying for you in the next few days! I hope all will go well with the delivery of this precious little baby! I am excited for you!

If you ever need a quick "get away", zip on down to the Portland area and stay with us for a few days. We'd love to have you!

Blessings!

~ Shannon