Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Justice in Ensenada



I am sitting in a room in Ensenada Mexico involved in a Mission Adventures training program. Myself and a few of my friends are running an introduction to Mission Adventures mini conference for 20 YWAMers from 7 different nations. I was able to talk a little bit about training sessions. As a part of the Mission Adventures program we have teaching sessions that these leaders are responsible for leading or facilitating.

I talked about areas that I am passionate about, specifically the areas of worship and injustice. As I talked I could feel passion and rage building up in me. Passion as I am very passionate about justice and worship, and rage as I realized that many people are not challenging there youth to rise up to something greater then themselves. I feel that growing up I was told that being a Christian is about reading your bible, prayer, going to church, personal growth and fellowship with other believers. While this is true, it is not enough and it is definitely not the only thing that Christ called us to.

We are called to love Jesus and in response to His love for us we are called to feed the poor, cloth the naked, visit the sick and take care of the needy.

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Matthew 25:24-40
"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'


I wanted to encourage people to make the progam they are running reflect the things that they are passionate about in life. To own the program and lead youth into something that is bigger than them. I love that God has given us a challenge and a calling. I am glad for the opportunity to be involved in that and bring it to others.

No comments: