Thursday, February 22, 2007

Lent



We are in the second day of Lent and I am encouraged by this time set aside to focus on my savior Jesus Christ and His life and sacrifice on the cross for the world. For me I want these next 40 day's to be a season where I purposefully press into Jesus and His heart for me and the nations. In years past I have spent the season of Lent soley focusing on me and my journey and my relationship with Christ. While this is important, I feel that I was missing a necessary ingredient, that being the nations.

Christ came into this world to seek and save the Lost. "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick." -Jesus-
I want to focus on the sick, the orphan, the widow and the broken. I want to know and own God's heart towards the injustices in the world. This season of Lent I want to spend growing not in selfishness, but in prayer and intercession for others. I believe it starts with me, but it cannot stop there.

I encourage you to take this time, this season to purposefully journey with Christ in whatever way works best for you. I encourage you to sacrifice something for the next 40 day's and replace it with a focus on Christ. If you are looking for a time to reflect and a guided journey though the season of Lent you can check Richard Dahlstrom's daily posts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God Bless and Amen. It's awesome to see blogs out there talking boldly and bravely about Christ. Without Christ we are nothing, and have nothing to hope for. Thanks for reminding me about this season of Lent. Isn't Jesus amazing?