Sunday, April 29, 2007

Cambodia



Good morning. I just wanted to send out a quick note letting you know
that I am heading to Cambodia tonight. Yep, in 13 hours I will be on
my way to the airport for the long flight overseas. I am very excited
to be going, but totally bummed that I will be away from my family
for the next 3 weeks.

For those of you who don't know why I am going I will explain. My
home church, WEFC is sending 23 young adults to Cambodia for 2 1/2
weeks and myself and two of my friends will be leading it. We will be
hosted by the YWAM base in the capital city for the first couple of
days. While there we will be going to the Killing Fields, where
thousands of people were buried in mass graves during the reign of the
Khmer Rouge. We will also be spending some time with IJM
(International Justice Mission). After this we will be heading up to
Angkor Wat to see the temples.

The majority of our time will be spent in Sihanoukville working with
the Samaritan Love Mission. We will be reconstructing their worship
center. We will also be running a children's program, teaching
english, visiting an orphanage and a hospital (the HIV and
Tuberculosis ward), and spending a day at a local Cambodian village.
I am very excited at this opportunity to be able to work and minister
with my home church. This is the first time we have done a trip
together.

Please keep us in your prayers and I will continue to send out
updates to let you know how things are going. Have a great Sunday.

Thanks.

Phil, Amy, Emma and Abby

No comments: