Thursday, April 05, 2007

IJM and sex trafficking



In 25 day's I am going with a team of college students from Winnipeg, Canada to Cambodia. I have fallen in love with this little country in South East Asia and am excited to go back for my third time. Cambodia is a beautiful country with a horrible past and a ongoing horrible present. Sex trafficking is a major thing in Cambodia. Even though prostitution is illegal it still has a strong presence there. I was listening to a pod cast the other day and they were covering some people from the International Justice Mission (IJM), who went into a brothel undercover to shut it down. I was listening to it today in my local cafe and crying as my heart broke for this country and the corruption that exists there. I have attached the link, please take 5 minutes and listen and let your heart be broken for the children of sex trafficking in Cambodia.

Sex Trafficking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phil- Last year changed my perspective on where my heart feels led with missions. I know that I need to go back to Cambodia with you. I feel that we need to do something. I've got resources now and think that we need to pray and dream big.