Saturday, April 28, 2007

Displace Me


I spent today at Magnison park with a few friends helping out with the Invisible Children’s Displace Me event. There were approx. 5,000 people who attended the event. Basically, they are sleeping outside in a simulated displacement camp to say that we see the displaced in N. Uganda and we want to do something about it. They are sleeping in make shift cardboard boxes, eating crackers and drinking water until 9am tomorrow. It was amazing to be apart of.

The thing that was most amazing and encouraging is that three guy's with a passion went to N. Uganda a few years ago and their passion is bringing change to the night commuters of N. Uganda. I am encouraged to continue to follow the desires and passions that God has put on my heart, even if I am the only one. Thanks Amanda, Bubba and other Amanda for coming and helping out.

The local news did a report as well. You can read it here.

2 comments:

Chris Whitler said...

It's weird but I still haven't seen this movie! Gotta make it a priority. Just wanted to let you know I'm reading...

Amanda said...

that was a lot of fun.
i'm tired from sleeping in my cardboard box though.
my feet were FREEZING.
wish you guys could have hung out for the whole thing....but now you're off to cambodia.
i hope it goes really well :)