Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Yo!


Good morning. It is good to be up early, before my family as it gives me time just to sit in silence and listen and process the day and life. I have been thinking a lot lately about life and future. It has been good, but I have not really spent much time just sitting with Jesus asking what He things. I have just been going on my own thoughts and feelings, which can also be from Him, but I don't want to not give Him time. Anyway, this morning we just sat and hung out for a bit, if feels like a while since that has happened.

This weekend has been good. I have been able to connect with my good friend Lars and his family. Lars and I met in the summer of 2000 as he brought his church up to Seattle and we hosted them for Mission Adventures. Since then we have been close and he has been a good ear for me to talk to. Our family also went to Fiji with Lars old church in LA and Lars came with me to Cambodia last year. On Friday we went out to the island and hung out in a little 2 bedroom farm house with Lars family. It was great to just get away with Amy and the girls and do nothing but sit with friends and eat. It was great to be able to process our thoughts a bit with them as well. Thanks Rude family.

Today I am looking forward to just putting around the house, as it is Memorial Day, and getting things done that have been waiting to be done for a while now. I am also looking forward to hanging out with good friends as there is a bbq party tonight. And if that were not enough, tonight is game 1 of the NHL Stanley Cup finals between The Ottawa Senators and The Anaheim Mighty Ducks. If you are looking for good hockey and great fights I highly recomend you give the NBA a rest and watch on. Anyway, have a great day and thanks for reading.

No comments: