Friday, May 18, 2007

More Cowbell



Well the team is gone and me and my friends Wade and Rachel are taking a day to relax at the billabong hotel in Phnom Penh. It is a beautiful day, approx. 90 degrees out and we are chilling by the pool eating good food and taking naps whenever we want. I am grateful for the last 3 weeks. It has been hard to be away from my family, but I have seen many lives changed.

For example the other night I was driving with a couple of guy's from the team and asked them if they were going to upgrade to 1st class on the plane. My friend Mike, who was one of the team members responded by saying no as that would be the same amount as it would cost to put 3 wells in the ground at a village we visited. People are going home thinking differently about missions and injustice, that is one of the main reasons that I was willing to leave my home for 3 weeks.

I am very grateful to my wife, my children and the YWAM Seattle leadership for allowing me this opportunity to do these types of things. Thank you so much. Before I sign off, here is a cool thing that happened last Sunday at. We were in church and singing some good old worship songs with the team and I thought something was missing. So, i stepped behind the drums and for one song, I think it was day's of Elijah I played the cowbell. Yep, I had a fever and the only cure was more cowbell. Good times in Cambodia.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hey again. It's me the person you don't know, but who knows various people who you know (through YWAM) etc. I just couldn't resist commenting again because the coincidences are so bizarre to me. My house just had an SNL-themed party and definitely rocked the Cowbell sketch--a very impressive Gene Frenkle indeed.
Anyway, it's very cool that you could go to Cambodia--it's such an interesting place.