Sunday, April 02, 2006

Daylight Savings Time


I remember as a kid finding out that on the 1st Sunday of April I would loose an hour of sleep due to daylight savings time. They always made it so nice sounding though by calling it "Spring Forward." Like I was going to wake up to the sounds of birds chirping and green grass and Bar B Q's. Well, I grew up in Winnipeg Canada so usually on this beautiful "Spring Forward" day I would wake up to snow, negative 25 degrees and birds frozen to the telephone lines. And on top of that I would have to get up one hour early and rush to get to church on time, all the while wishing that on this day of the year I lived in Saskatchewan where they never changed their clocks.
There was also the other problem of "do I switch my clock before I go to bed or when I wake up. I always switched it before I went to be for "Spring Forward" and when I woke up for "Fall Back." I try to make the most of these two wired days.
So this year I decided to not let "daylight savings" kick my butt. I decided to set my clock forward before I went to bed and sleep until I could sleep no more. Fortunately the church I attend has a 12:30 pm service so I could skip the 10:30 am, 9:30 with "daylight savings" and still make it to church.
To be honest, this was the best "Spring Forward" day I have ever had. I woke up late, make some Cafe Roma coffee, wrote a blog, nuked some pancakes and still have 20 minutes before I leave for church. Maybe "Spring Forward" is not as bad as I thought when I was a kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
» »