Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Schedule


Yo yo all. Phil here with my little blog getting ready to post my schedule for the internship. So, buckle up and hold on cause here we go.

Currently I am spending most of my time running Mission Adventures, but I am transitioning out of this program that I have given the last 10 years of my life to. This has been an interesting time as I have been forced to figure out what I want to do after this summer, when Mission Adventures for me will come to a close. Here is a little bit of that story.

At the end of summer 2004 I became tired and lacked any sort of motivation for running the Mission Adventures program with Seattle. This was really all I have known in my time with YWAM, so I felt that my time in Seattle was through. The thing that I felt myself being drawn to was the Church. I felt that my time with YWAM was done and my time with the Church was starting. I called up my good friend Lars Rood and filled out a resume to work with the Jr. High ministry at his Church. The more I pursued it the more I felt wrong about it, but I did not know what else to do. After talking to my good friend Rusty I came to the realization that I could stay in Seattle with YWAM and do Church here. I realize this is a sketchy, brief overview of a huge transition in my life so if you want more details just ask.

So this brings me to now. My passions are to provide a place of worship for people who have not yet connected with a local church or community. I want to spend time developing that. So, while I am not working on Mission Adventures I will be, and am, reading blogs on church, listening to pod-casts on church, reading books, taking classes from a Bible College to finish my degree and running a by weekly Gathering that looks a lot like a church.

I am also heavily involved with my family. I really love them and they are very cute. I want to invest in my daughter and her growing up. I also want to be involved with Amy and the baby that is due in July. Very cool. The other thing that I want to do is take care of my body. I have started running and would like to do that 3 times a week or so. I also love playing dodge ball and blogging.

This is my rant. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phil- You are feeling much of the same stuff that I am. I'm not sure where this feeling of discontent comes from for me but I do know that I'm struggling with it this year. Thanks for giving me something big to look forward to next month. Thanks for the link in your post too.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» » »