Friday, November 23, 2007

A good Black Friday


Friday is usually the day I write about injustice, but I had such a good day with my girls I want to post about that. I feel privilaged to have a family that is close. I do feel that it is an injustice for kids to grow up without a healthy family, not that I am the greatest dad or husband, but I love my family and want to be a part of their lives as much as I am able.

Today was a great Black Friday. Emma, Sam and I headed downtown on the Metro Bus with our friends Gordon and his girl Grace to see the parade. After the parade we met up with some other friends and went out for crumpets. I have never had crumpets before, but man, they are delicious.
After that Ben, Jaya, Emma and I went to see the ginger bread houses. We waited in line for about 30 minutes, but it was fun and they were tasty looking. Then Emma and I went and got some pizza for lunch and headed over to the Westlake Center carousal. From there we walked around a bit and took a picture of the Buy More Stuff people. Then we took the bus home to get mom and Abby.

A half hour after we got home Amy, Emma, Abby and l hopped back on the bus back to downtown for the lighting of the Christmas tree. They also blew off some fireworks directly over our heads so we were covered in sparkler dust. After that we met up with Mel and Jaya down at Pacific place and watched the snow show (they blow bubbles all over the lobby and it looks like snow, pretty cool). Finally, we got back on the bus and went home for dinner. After dinner we cuddled up in bed and watched How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Good day to be sure. Hope yours was good as well.

Good Night.





















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh i miss seattle at thanksgiving/christmas time. however...i'm really enjoying the snow and christmas time in a winter wonderland.

glad you had a good black friday.

Trevor said...

Forgive my ignorance...who are the buy more stuff people? What do they stand for?