Monday, November 05, 2007

Writing

Good morning to you. I realize that I have not been writing or posting a lot lately. There has been a lot that has been going on in my life over the last week and a half or so, both good and bad. It has been a very difficult time for me. I am slowly learning again to continue to put Jesus first in all situations. He is God and my circumstances are not. What a revelation eh!

I have spent some time with some good friends this past week, both in person and over the phone trying to figure some stuff out and I appreciate your insight and guidance. I woke up today after reading a chapter from
Mark Scandrette's book Soul Graffiti and spent about 15 minutes in silence, just being with Jesus. I have tried to do this lately, but with kids I have justified sleeping in. Today I got myself up, thank you daylight savings time. As I was sitting there I felt Jesus speaking to me about starting new. The verse I read was Galatians 2:20 where Paul talks about being co-crucified with Christ. It is not our lives we live, but His. I want to walk and be Christ to the people in my life. My wife, my children, my friends and family. After reading I went and shaved for the 1st time since July and will try, with Gods gracious help to serve and be Christ today to the people he has placed in my life. Pray for me.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate shaving with my life.